Laminate products are long-lasting and easy to care for – generally, all you need is a clean, damp sponge!
On a day-to-day basis, all you need to do to keep your laminate surfaces looking like new is to:
- Wash the surface with warm water and mild dish washing detergent using a soft cloth or sponge.
- Rinse with warm water and
- Dry with a soft cloth.
When there are spots and stains…
If daily washing does not remove a spot or stain, try using a standard bathroom cleaner applied with a soft cloth or sponge. Avoid scrubbing, as this can scratch the surface.
If the stain remains, try this:
- Mix baking soda and water to create a paste.
- Use a soft bristle brush, gently rub the paste onto the spot in a circular motion. The paste is abrasive, so work carefully, pressing very lightly.
- Rinse and dry with a soft cloth.
- Repeat until the stain is removed.
If the stain refuses to disappear, you can use undiluted household bleach (5%) by:
[BEWARE: Protect your eyes, skin and clothing from the bleach!]
- Applying the bleach to a wet sponge or paper towel.
- Placing the sponge/paper towel on the stain.
- Allowing bleach to sit on stain for 90 seconds or LESS.
- Rinsing repeatedly with warm water.
- Drying with a soft cloth.